Sometimes, in personal or business matters, disputes can arise over money that is owed to you. In some cases, it can be difficult to approach parties that owe you money, for a variety of reasons.

If you, a family member or your business, is owed money that you would like to collect, Patrick Grimes & Co. Solicitors can act on your behalf and take action to recover the outstanding money.

In certain situations, you can also recover the legal costs related to your recovery proceedings.

If you have money owed to you or your business that needs to be recovered, Patrick Grimes & Co. Solicitors can assist with:

  • Providing advice on your rights, legislation and process to recover the debt;
  • Preparing a Statement of Claim – used to demand either payment or defence of the matter within 28 days (after the Statement of Claim is served); and with
  • Entering Judgement against the debtor (when no action is taken within 28 days).

Once Judgement on your debt recovery matter is entered, we can assist with:

  • Writs (seizure of goods to sell in order to repay the debt)
  • Examination Summons (requiring the debtor to attend Court to display how they will satisfy the Judgement), and
  • Garnishees Orders (whereby the Court can order a third party to pay money to a creditor instead of a debtor).

For more details or advice on debt recovery, contact Patrick Grimes & Co. Solicitors to arrange a consultation with one of our debt recovery specialists.

Scroll to Top