WILLS & ESTATES
If you own property or have assets, it is important that you have an up to date will. Your will is a legal document, stating how you would like your assets to be distributed in the event of your death.
It also lets you appoint an executor – a person who will manage the distribution of your assets (estate) after you have passed.
Without a will, your assets will be distributed using a formula set by law, which could result in your assets being given out to parties that you may not agree with.
While it may seem a daunting process, creating a will is relatively simple. Patrick Grimes & Co. Solicitors appreciate the personal nature of creating a will and offer one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to obtain a will in the Lane Cove and the Sydney region.
Our Solicitors are very approachable, and can assist with:
- Drafting & updating wills
- Powers of Attorney
- Enduring Guardianship
- Applying for Probate
- Assistance with claims against wills & estates
- Deceased estate claims/defending deceased estates
- Estate planning administration
- Letters of Administration (in the event that a will is deemed invalid);
- Supreme Court estate litigation; and
- Assistance with the Family Provision Act 1982
We always recommend keeping your will up to date as it makes distributing your estate easier on your beneficiaries at what is a difficult and emotional time.
For more details or advice on wills and estate matters, contact Patrick Grimes & Co. Solicitors to arrange a confidential consultation with one of our experienced Solicitors.